Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Brockstar


As I looked back over my blog entries, I realized I haven't ever written a blog about my darling 2nd child, Brock. Otherwise known as Bubbs or Brockstar. He is the 2nd like me and I think it gives us a special bond. Poor neglected and abused second child :) Just kidding, but I do think that sometimes Brock gets lost in the shuffle. Morning, noon, and night you can hear me telling Brock to be careful, slow down, be gentle, say sorry, step back, or be quiet. He is such a physically demanding child, but he is a gentle giant. He has a heart of gold and he is always looking out for others. He has a little recess club at school with the boys in his class and he always comes home and reports the drama of who is the President and who they kicked out and so on. Today he came home and said he was kicked out of the club because he invited the little handicapped boy in his class to be in the club and the others boys didn't want him, so he "kicked himself out of the club." I was so proud! That is the kind of boy he is and I realize I need to spend more time pulling him closer when I feel like pushing him away and telling him I love him and that he is my little "Brockstar".

5 comments:

Kenon said...

Brock doesn't have a mean bone in his body-- he is sweet to the core. We love him. :)

Anonymous said...

I used that story this morning to teach my kids about being nice. Let Brock know what an example he is!!

H and E said...

I love that Brockstar, he is such a stud! Tell him I love him!

Ashlee said...

He's so handsome! I hope one of your boys marries one of my girls- they're destined to be amazing individuals! And hey, they'd have great in-laws. Oh wait... they'd have better in-laws than parents. Maybe I shouldn't push that. :) I still think of Brock as a little 2 year old who was always wanting to kiss, touch, hold or be next to his new baby sister. He's a sweet little guy and that picture makes me want to kiss him! :)

Jenny-ology said...

What a handsome little guy!