Wednesday, April 30, 2008

VIVA MEXICO

We had a dream vacation to Akumal, Mexico with our wonderful friends, the Nichols. I had to start thinking of new adjectives when I realized I was saying the words "perfect" and "heaven" a little too frequently. It really was the perfect family vacation. We stayed in a beautiful villa with a pool and then a few steps to the beach. The balcony had two hammocks and I spent the majority of the vacation rocking my baby and drinking "pepsi light". I think this was the first vacation where I actually came home relaxed and refreshed, instead of exhausted. Our kids spent most of the days in and out of the pool, searching for shells, and catching crabs. We visited the ruins, swam and cliff jumped in underground water caves, and ate Italian pizza with live music on the patio. Thank you Nichols family for the vacation of a lifetime!

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think I have said the word jealous too frequently :-)

Kim said...

So nice to actually relax on a vacation. What a fun time, cute pictures, and what will be a great memory. Your family is adorable!

H and E said...

Ooh that looks so fun and I am way jealous. We need to plan a family vacation ASAP!

Jaime said...

I knew you would love it there. We were there exactly a year before you. It's a great, relaxing vacation spot. This is where we stayed:http://akumal-mexico.com/ It was fun to see you a few weeks ago! :)

Megan said...

Looks like a fantastic trip! We are taking the girls and going to Rivera Maya in June. I can't wait, and seeing pictures of your good time made me even more excited!

Charie and Jonathan Francom said...

Good for you guys in taking time to have an amazing time! I loved the picture of your sweet rollie baby in the sink...ohh she is so sweet! All of your kids are so adorable!

Kenon said...

GLAD you had fun. JEALOUS I couldn't be there. LOVED looking at the pictures!!!!!!!!!!

What's Cookin?? said...

Why didn't you take me with you!?!? I already said this, but I miss you lots!

Jenny-ology said...

Looks like alot of fun! Great photos! I love relaxing vacations like this!

Heather said...

I loved seeing your pictures. It looks like Mexico was so relaxing. I'm boiling over with jealousy!

Showmethesale said...

Great photos! (and it's OK to use those adjectives over and over in your descriptions--especially since they fit!)

It's nice to see you had such a great, relaxing time with your family. . .

(now it's making me think of my own summer vacation coming up. . .)

Darin H. said...

Too Fun! You have to love the family time. Is that a crab on Brock's chin? I bet the sun, beach and sand is quite a switch from the snow in Highland!

Unknown said...

What a nice vacation--i can't believe you actually felt relaxed after all that. :) I love your baby girls rolls. They are adorable.

Jennifer Anderson said...

whitney-
so jealous! it looks like you all had a fantastic time. your kids are the cutest!

Shaeli said...

AWESOME!! Im sure you deserved it! It was good to see you over the weekend, some good laughs :)

H and E said...

Could you please do another post, I cant stand being stuck in my office and looking at pics of your vacation in paradise over and over. Ha ha really I just want more of your cute kids!