Sunday, June 29, 2008

Whirlwind Whitney






My family calls me Whirlwind Whitney because I am always on the go. Now with four kids I still go, go, go but I am a lot slower and I just can't quite pull it all off. I realized this week I may have a problem when one neighbor suggested he thinks I am bipolar and experiencing a "manic phase" and the other neighbor thinks I work full time because I am always gone! I tried to explain that I am just hyper and if they knew my sisters, they might think I was lazy. I think this "manic phase" refers to our activity level this summer. Just a month into it and we have been having a blast. Most of our time is filled with Scott's baseball and then we fill in the extra hours with swimming, hiking, picnicking, bike riding, etc, etc. Judd and Jackie and their boys are here for the summer and so we are spending a lot of time with extended family. We had a wonderful family trip to Bear Lake and we are all going to Pacific Grove the end of July. We get to visit the "lovely" city of Beaver next week for a baseball tournament! That might just be the highlight of the summer :) No offense to anyone from Beaver, but last year it was Panguitch, and I'm just wondering what is wrong with St. George or even Spanish Fork?

Last week I had the opportunity to run with my sisters and my cousin in the Wasatch Back Relay. They were kind enough to allow me to rejoin the Joggin' Broads. They were fast this year and I stressed about keeping up for six months. It was very difficult but we ended up having a blast! I pumped milk in the back of the van and threw up about 30 times and I still thought it was a party. Which leads me back to the assumption from my neighbor that I may indeed be mentally ill!


So here I go and I hope this "manic phase" lasts all summer because I still have a lot of things I want to do before school starts again!






5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You need to write a book with all of the quotes your neighbors throw at you :-)My kids ask everyday if they can see you because you are so much fun. We will pass on the Beaver trip but call us when you get home! Good Luck Scott!!

Where The Wilds Things Are said...

Your girls are darling...can Clair marry Tanner? Sounds like you are having a great summer. I think you need to add the Little Red Riding Hood ride into you mix next year or the year after. Dru and I had a blast. You and your sisters are quite amazing. Did you take first this year? I know that was Bekah's goal. By the way...I don't think you are bipolar!

Ashlee said...

That's so fun you guys did that as sisters. My family is doing Hood to Coast and I don't even have the desire. I'm totally the lazy one of my family- sad. My brother, Brad and his wife Kim ran Wasatch back, too. They said it was a blast. They actually ran into the Stohls. Such a small world! Hope you guys had a good time! Pumping and barfing and then running in between sounds like loads of fun!

You can't be bi-polar, you never get down. :) I do see the Whirlwind Whitney connection though- I couldn't keep up!
Glad to hear you're having a fun summer! Keep us posted!

Michelle said...

I agree with you that summer is the time to cram as much fun in as possible. What ideas do you have for a worn out pregnant mommy with 4 small children?

Charie and Jonathan Francom said...

Whirlwind Whitney is what makes us all love you and wanting more!

I love the picture of you and your girls. SO cute! YOu are the woman!