Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Sensory Overload


My children love to use me as a jungle gym. Starting with Scott, it was not uncommon to find him on top of my head. The next two have joined him and it is actually possible for all three to be touching me or sitting on one of my extremities all at once. It has taken on a whole new level now while I breast feed and they all start climbing on me. AHHHHH! I need space! Don't get me wrong, I love to snuggle my kids, but this is more like wrestle mania! Does anybody else get "Sensory Overload"?

3 comments:

Behunin Family said...

Yes. After a day of nursing every 2 hours (Yes, STILL!) snuggling with my big kids and all the touching, whining, kicking, screaming and everything else that happens... I actually have told my poor husband to step away. I need some space. Mean, huh? Sometimes I know that just one more person touching me will throw me over the edge. I honestly prefer a good 3 feet of "space" and I'm not a hugger. So, there you have it. I totally know what you feel like! Although I miss you terribly and haven't talked to you forever- so YOU I might hug if I could!
Thanks for posting pictures. I hope it's been fun for you to blog. Hope you get a little time "off" from being touched. :) Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Love that post :-)

Michelle said...

I have a good remedy for "sensory overload." Go sit in your car and scream at the top of your lungs. It lets something out...

(I found your link from Amy-Jackie-you. I just wanted to say hi and congrats!! Michelle (Tregaskis))