Saturday, December 29, 2007

Remind Me Next Year


Christmas with a newborn is the best! It adds a little extra peace and joy to the season! We had a great Chistmas! My whole family was together, including Judd and Jackie and their kids from St. Louis. I don't know how I'm going to let them leave now. I have taken down the tree and decorations and the house looks empty! Now that Christmas is over I keep saying "remind me next year".....So here are a few things I would like to remember for next year.

Don't buy so many dang presents for the kids. The absolute highlight of their Christmas was the electric toothbrushes (Saint's toothbrush for Scott) in their stockings. I could have saved myself a lot of money!

Don't trust Steve when we make our yearly vow not to get eachother anything. He always does and I look like a big jerk!

Buy more football cards. They really drag out the present opening process. They have to open each one and look at each card. It makes the boys feel like they got more than they did.

Buy batteries before Christmas Eve.

Christmas break is long! Make more plans to farm out kids to relatives.

Regift all extra chocolate! Do not leave in pantry with easy access for all!

Remind me that I love Christmas and not to forget the true meaning, our Savior was born and lived and died for us all.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that list. Maybe we can help each other be better next year :-)

Kristi said...

Amen sister! Great list. We bought so much dang stuff we forgot some of it in the garage! Of course, we were completely sleep deprived and have been for 2 weeks but still!! Next year, next year. THanks for the darling pics of your kids! Brock looks like Judd!

Charie and Jonathan Francom said...

Love the list! I had to laugh at the one about you and Steve not buying gifts for each other pact. Jonathan is the one who usually ends up feeling like the jerk but this year it was me. I guess we can take turns :)