Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Steve ran the St. George Marathon this weekend. When he first began training I was, I admit, very jealous. I sat there watching the kids each Saturday morning in a fat depression. If any of you can't understand this. Just imagine you love to scrapbook, it's your outlet and hobby, and then one day you catch your husband down in the basement doing your pages and going to scrapbooking night every Saturday. This is how I felt watching Steve train, reminding myself that he has unselfishly supported me for many years. However, all my feelings of jealousy turned to sheer PRIDE as I watched him pass me at the 16 mile mark. I got tears in my eyes and my heart swelled (like it usually only does when I watch my boys make a touchdown or a soccer goal)! Steve also grabbed my hand and kissed it as he passed. Let me tell you that will cover my romantic needs for about another six years. He finished the marathon with an awesome time and he felt great! He is a stud! Everyone knows I will brag about Steve, what can I say, I married up!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would have to say that you married EQUAL! You are both amazing, but I can't wait to have my running partner back in a couple of months!! I am with you on the !!! points and the @$#^& although i am not as shy about just letting the words rip :-)Love the blog..

H and E said...

Yeah Whitney you are up and running, I am so excited! I love your blog! Eventhough Steve took over your hobby the girls will always rule running in this family so I think we are ok, however I am proud of him that is really impressive definately can show me up! Love you!

Kenon said...

I can't believe you forgot to mention the kiss on the hand when you told me about the race!! That made me smile from ear to ear. Good job Steve...you are amazing...as always. You better keep up the blog Whit cuz we all need some of your comic relief on a daily basis.

Kenon said...

P.S. You write just like you talk...which makes it even more fun to read. :)

Jennie said...

WHIT!!! YOU DID IT!! I didn't think you'd ever get the blog started!! YEAH! Watch out, it's addictive. I LOVE the scrapbook analogy... can't you just see David, Scott and Steve snaking down to the craft room? :) I am so proud that you're blgging... like a new momma! Love you guys!

Judd and Jackie said...

We absolutely love the pictures and are so excited to read your funny blogs. We love you and miss you guys. Congrats Steve you are the man. Now you put the pressure on us fat guys.

Love STL Allens

Behunin Family said...

Yippee! Welcome to the world of blogging! So glad you did it! Isn't it fun?!? :)

Congratulations on the run, Steve! And Whit, you look GREAT! AMAZING! I'm that big at 4 months!

I think I'm a lame person because I wasn't jealous when Todd was training for Hood to Coast- and quite honestly, my scrapbooks could use him taking up that hobby as well. I'm LAME! I think breastfeeding is now my official hobby as it's the only thing I do 24/7. Moo!!!

Anyway- congratulations on getting your blog up and going! :) Love ya!