Sunday, October 14, 2007

My Baby Turns 10

I can't believe my baby boy turned ten this week. Last night we took him out on a date for his birthday. Steve and I both felt like we were out with our best friend. He is funny, smart, and, I have to admit, a really cool kid. Before he was born, we thought he was a girl. Immediately after he was born, we thought he was from the hispanic mail-main. A couple of years later, we were convinced he was going to be sociopath. The pattern has continued, each year worrying about what he will be like when he grows up. I am now becoming more and more convinced that, despite my parenting, this kid is going to be an amazing person. Despite his very unbalanced obsession with sports, he is kind, compassionate, hard-working, and smart. We are hoping this obsession will keep him busy and tired enough to stay out of trouble for at least a couple of years. He is pictured here in his only requests for birthday presents, a John Beck Jersey and Miami Dolphins hat. To Scott's delight, the man at the Fanzz store also talked me into buying a bunch of other sports related paraphenelia. But only after we discussed his marriage and fertility problems!

7 comments:

H and E said...

I can't beleive he is getting so old, that even makes me feel old and I am a young buck! I agree he is a great kid! And don't feel bad about the picture, you are gorgeous and I can find plenty of great pics where you and i look a lot alike, however, I will say that definately made me laugh though!

Kenon said...

I totally remember turning "double digits"!!! I can't believe he is that big. There is no one I would rather have my son begging me to hang out with. I love that kid.

Behunin Family said...

Ah, Happy Birthday, Scotty! :)

I can't believe you have a baby that big... I'm glad you're having a new one soon. Then you can enjoy all those worries all over again! :)

Jennie said...

Little Scotty is 10! Man, does he hate us for still calling him Scotty sometimes? :) Just tell him, "think Scottie Pippen!" I am sure that wasn't a cool name before he made it so... Happy Birthday Bud!

Jenny-ology said...

Way to go with the peer pressure. I love blogging! I keep it as a photo journal all year.
Happy birthday Scott, and congrats Steve on the marathon.

Sara Jane said...

Happy Birthday Scotty! I still can remember driving up with the Allen gang from St.George when we found out that he was a BOY! What a fabulous day! I am so glad you were peer pressured into starting a blog! So was I and I have to warn you it gets addicting! Love ya!

Jennie said...

Come on Whit... new blog post time!!!