Wednesday, September 3, 2008

I'm married to Dr. Phil





Just had to share this little story because it made me laugh until I cried and because that is why I started a blog. I wanted to write down the funny little things that my kids say that I quickly forget. On Monday we were in the car and Scott was being mean to Brock and Steve started to give Scott one of his very practical lectures. He likes to use football analogies because Scott seems to respond to them and let's face it, he is obsessed with sports. So Steve said, "Scott, our family is like a football team. Would you tackle one of your own team members when they were running for a touchdown? Well you are tackling Brock as he is trying to live is life." At this point, I'm already trying not to crack up, because I know Steve is honestly the best dad in the world, but this lecture is stretching it a little. And Scott pipes up from the back. "Oh, O.K. Thanks Dr. Phil". Steve and I looked at each other and then just died laughing. I don't think Scotty even knew how funny it was. But man it made my day!

5 comments:

Jennie said...

I AM DYING!!!! That is SO stinkin funny!!! HAHAHA!! Kids say the best thinks ever. Life is slowing down finally, LET'S HANG!!

Where The Wilds Things Are said...

LOL!!! Oh how the sarcasm begins at such a young age.

Anonymous said...

Steve should write a book :-)After you told me that story I used the analogy on Ryan about how he treats Rachel. He ate it up!! Thanks Dr. Phil!!

H and E said...

That is awesome and so DR. PHIL, believe me I know, I got a lot of time on my hands and it airs three times here during the day, I get enough Dr. Phil and that is totally something he would say!

Sonja said...

This cracks me up.....you almost have a teenager on your hands.!!!