Thursday, August 21, 2008

I Love School


Nothing gives me quite the same thrill as school supplies. I love, love the start of school. Not just for the free babysitting, I mean education.:) I love the whole thing! The class lists, the shopping for school supplies and school clothes, meeting new teachers, and just the excitement that the start of a new year brings. This year I am thrilled because we hit the teacher jackpot! All of my kids have great teachers. After the first day of school, I asked my boys on a scale of 0-10, how they would rate their teachers. 0 being Ms. Trenchbull from Matilda and 10 being their dream teacher and they both said 9 and then quickly changed to 10. I couldn't be happier. Claire just had her Kindergarten assessment and will start on Monday. She is so excited and has already packed her backpack. To quote the movie, "You've Got Mail". "If I could, I would send you a bouquet of freshly sharpened pencils". That is how much I love the fall and the start of a new school year. I'm not going to cry about the free time either! I am sorry to report that I misplaced my camera, I know shocking. I didn't get any first day of school photos. I guess I'll just have to take them on the first day it cools down and they can wear new school jeans and stand against the front door and we will pretend like its the first day.

11 comments:

Charakie said...

Hey! I love all your new postings and love the pictures of the girls. I just made our blog private so will you send me your email address so I can invite you to view? charakiegs@gmail.com

H and E said...

Ooh school time is so much fun! Its always a bummer when you have all your new school clothes and you can't wear them because it is too hot! I think the pics later in the year is a great idea! No one will ever know! In all that free time you better be calling me!

Megan Marie said...

I feel the same way! I love the beginning of a new school year!

Ashlee said...

Hey! Thanks so much for meeting up with us last week. It was SOOO great to see you and your sweet girls! I wish you were closer so we could enjoy the free time together. I'm so glad everyone likes their teachers. Yippee! Enjoy another great year!

Sonja said...

We start on Tues. I'm not sure I am quite as ready as you were, but I guess that's what we will do anyway!!!! We are lucky, the school pays for all the school supplies, so we didn't get the joy of filling up the shopping cart with notebooks, pencils, pens, ect.

Miriam said...

It's funny you should write about the first day of school and how exciting it is because I still get that feeling of excitement and we haven't had any kids in school for over a year now!! ha, ha Enjoy it because it goes way too fast!

Kenon said...

The thought of all the kids being in school and us partying in AF is enough to push me over the edge!
:( I'm really glad they like their teachers...what a blessing.

Jennie said...

Ok, that is like my FAVORITE movie quote EVER! (Notting Hill is excluded of course, too many to choose from), but I think of that all the time. How romantic to give someone a bouquet of freshly sharpened pencils. Sigh. :) Glad they love the teachers! My kids are loving it too...

Heather said...

I have to admit that fall is one of my favorite times too. It's so strange to me that I'm not part of "back to school" this year. I remember creating those bouquets of freshly sharpened pencils. I'm glad your kids love their teachers.

Jenny-ology said...

You are so cute! I have always loved school/office supplies too! Back to school is so fun in the elelmentary.
I love it that you are quoting You've Got Mail- love that one!

Sisters in Aprons said...

I just have to ask. Is Jane missing her siblings? Autumn and Chelsea were really fussy the first week of school I about went crazy. That's one reason I like to have the older girls home is to help with the little girls. However, they are glad to be back to school. Tayler is in 6th and loving it.