Sunday, July 13, 2008

Beaver is Mountains of Fun

O.K. I stand corrected. Beaver really is mountains of fun! My deepest apologies go out to all former, current, and future residents of Beaver. I just spent four days at Scott's baseball tournament there and I must admit, I had a pretty good time. Considering the fact that I was there without Steve and in a hotel room with my four kids, and I still enjoyed myself, I think that Beaver must be a pretty great place. The State tournament was at a beautiful baseball park with covered bleachers, a great concession stand, and a park for the kids. There were three things that made the trip. First the hotel had a fun little pool. Second, Beaver does have a McDonalds and extra large drinks are only 99 cents. Woohoo! Lastly, I LOVE watching my son play baseball! He is on a team with 12 great kids with really fun families. I asked my kids on the way home what the highlight of the trip was and they said it was the tour of Cove Fort. Now, don't get me wrong, I didn't hate it. It was "neat" but I was surprised that was their favorite activity. They get it from their dad, he is always up for a good tour of a monument, museum, etc. The good news is that the team won and they are the number one 10 year old team in the state. The bad news is that now we are on to the next tournament in Bakersfield, CA. I just hope that next week I will be writing an apology to all the people in beautiful and 110 degree Bakersfield.

10 comments:

H and E said...

I don't know if you are going to be writing an apology to Bakersfield I mean come on, that is pretty hot! Congrats Scott, you are such a little stud,I am so proud of him!

Kenon said...

I have a feeling that you thought Beaver was fun because you are Whitney, and you find the joy and fun in everything. Which means that you will probably have even more fun in Bakersfield!!! :) Scotty is such a super star.

Jennie said...

Man he is such a handsome little man. I agree with Kenon. You can make anything amazing. Beaver, Bakersfield, anywhere. GOOD LUCK SCOTTY! We are rooting for you!!

Kristi said...

I must have been insane not to have come up and seen you! Now I feel bad. we could have had so much fun!

Heather said...

Whitney, you crack me up. I've been looking at your recent posts and have just laughed. Jane is an absolute doll. It was fun to meet her. Way to go Scott! You are a great athlete.

april said...

congrats Scott! wow ~ you are already turning into quite a HUNK! mama, you better gaurd your boy away from all of those giggly girls :) so great to see how the family has grown. miss you guys!

Miriam said...

Enjoy this time you have to follow your little guys (and maybe Claire and Jane) around watching them play ball. Nick and I enjoyed every minute of watching our boys and Kim. It goes way to fast. We still stop by every now and then when we see lights on at the ballpark to catch a game, even though we don't know any of the players. You are such a good mommy!!

Charie and Jonathan Francom said...

We had fun catching up with Adrien at the Stohls. She was telling us about your adventures of a "baseball" mom. You are awesome! We missed seeing you.

Keri said...

Whitney...you're a dedicated mom for sure. Those boys are so lucky!
(keri evans)

Shaeli said...

When my dad threatened me in High School with the "move to Beaver" line, I shaped up right away. My grandma (Harrison) would have had a panick attack if she thought we were moving to Beaver.... The people there don't like outsiders. I'm sure its still a fun place though :)