Sunday, March 2, 2008

Bringing in the Sheaves



Steve downloaded the Mormon Tabernacle Choir on my I-Home so that I could enjoy Sunday sounds. One of the songs on the disc is "Bringing in the Sheaves". As a child and well into my teen years (way too old to not know) I thought this song said, "Bringing in the Cheese". I couldn't figure out why in the world the church would sing a song about cheese, but I figured it must have some sort of symbolic significance. When the song came on, I told my kids what I thought it said and they really got a kick out of it. We have spent a lot of time marching around the house to the beat and singing, "bringing in the cheese". The other day Steve was home with the kids and the song came on and Claire came into the room holding cheese and singing the song. She then continued to bring all the necessary items for a sandwich including a tomato, bread, and ham. Now when the song comes on she first sings "bringing in the cheese" and then follows with "bringing in the ham" and "bringing in the wheat bread". I know it is disrespectful but it just cracks us up and it has now become our sandwich making song!

8 comments:

Jennie said...

THAT IS SOOOO FUNNY!! I have never even heard that song!?!

Anonymous said...

Way to go putting the video on! You are a blogpro now! I hope that song is better when MoTab sings it...:-)

Anonymous said...

What in the world is a sheave??

Behunin Family said...

I've never heard that song either, and I may get struck down for saying it.. but that sounded AWFUL! I hope your version was a little more... united? Eek!
Claire's too cute! I love that you have a sandwich song. :)

kami @ nobiggie.net said...

That is awesome! I actually was just trying to remember all the songs that I sing the wrong words to, there is a lot! :)

Nancy T said...

What in the heck happened to the Tabernacle Choir? They used to be so good! And when did the Salvation Army start accompanying them instead of the Orchestra at Temple Square? I used to think "In my pretty garden the flowers are nodding" was "In my pretty garden the flowers are NAUGHTY!" Claire is adorable!

Unknown said...

How funny. I don't think i have heard the song either. Way cute!

Shaeli said...

So your kids are so cute! It has been so long since I have seen them!